The Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Certificate in Canine Studies has been developed to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to pursue a career working in the canine care and welfare sector, offering services such as canine grooming and day or boarding care.
There are no specific entry requirements for this qualification, however, learners should be working at Level 2 or above.
Learners should be confident around all breeds and sizes of dog.
To gain the Level 3 Certificate in Canine Studies with Heavenlyz, candidates must undertake assessments for the following:
- Canine Care and welfare (mandatory)
Choose 3 units from the list below:
- Canine nutrition
- Canine anatomy and physiology
- Canine behaviour and communication
- Dog Grooming
- Setting up a small canine business
- Complimentary canine therapies
- Providing professional day care and boarding services
This qualification can be used flexibly to meet learner needs. Depending on the context of the learning and the needs of each individual learner, the qualification can:
- prepare individuals to progress to a qualification in the same subject area but at a higher level or requiring more specific knowledge, skills and understanding;
- prepare learners for employment;
- support a role in the workplace;
- encourage engagement in learning.
This qualification has been designed to enable learners to:
Contact us about this course
- understand Canine Nutrition;
- provide a Dog Grooming Service;
- understand Canine Anatomy and Physiology;
- set up a Small Canine Business;
- provide Professional Care and Boarding Facilities.